Accident Insurance Plans
Starting At $10 A Month
When Tragedy Strikes – We’ll Be There To Help You Out
Get Coverage in 10 minutes or less and effective in 1 day.
Apollo Insurance Group
Official Health Insurance Brokers
What is an Accident Insurance Plan?
Accident insurance is a type of supplemental insurance that provides financial protection in the event of an accidental injury.
Accident insurance plans typically pay a lump sum benefit to the policyholder if they are injured in an accident, regardless of whether the injury is covered by their health insurance. This benefit can be used to help cover the costs of medical expenses, lost wages, and other expenses that may arise as a result of the accident.
Accident insurance plans can be purchased as individual policies or as group policies through an employer or other organization. The cost of an accident insurance plan will vary depending on the level of coverage desired, the policyholder’s age and health, and other factors.
Accident insurance can be a valuable financial protection for people of all ages. It can help to provide peace of mind knowing that you will be financially protected if you are injured in an accident.
How Does Accident Insurance Work?
Accidents happen, and when they do, they can be both physically and financially damaging. Fortunately, accident insurance is a way to protect yourself from the latter.
With accident insurance, you pay a monthly premium and in return, if you are involved in an accident, you can file a claim to receive a benefit payment.
The amount you can receive depends on the type of injury, but generally, the more severe the injury, the higher the payout.
The claims process for accident insurance is straightforward: after an accident, you simply contact your insurance provider and provide them with the necessary information.
From there, they will evaluate your claim and if approved, send you a check or deposit the funds directly into your account.
While no one wants to get into an accident, it’s important to be prepared – and accident insurance is a great way to do just that.
Most Common Examples Where Anyone Could Save Thousands With Accident Insurance
As we live out our mission to Positively Impact People’s Lives, we battle for you and all your health insurance needs.
Why Accident Insurance is Important
To Cover the Costs of Medical Expenses
Medical expenses can be expensive, especially if you are injured in a serious accident. Accident insurance can help to cover the costs of hospital bills, doctor’s visits, prescription drugs, and other medical expenses.
To Cover the Costs of Lost Wages
If you are unable to work due to an accident, you may lose your income. Accident insurance can help to cover the costs of lost wages so that you can still pay your bills.
To Provide Peace of Mind
Knowing that you have accident insurance can provide peace of mind in the event of an accident. You will not have to worry about how you will pay for the medical expenses or lost wages.
Accident Insurance Coverage
Accident insurance offers a wide range of coverage for injuries or disabilities resulting from accidents. Although it’s challenging to determine the precise frequency of accidents, here are some typical accident types in the United States where accident insurance can be advantageous for the injured person:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Whether it’s car, motorcycle, or pedestrian accidents, they are among the most prevalent causes of injuries in the United States. Accident insurance can provide financial assistance for medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages incurred due to these accidents.
- Slips, trips, and falls: Accidental falls, particularly among older adults, contribute significantly to injuries. Accident insurance can help cover medical costs, including emergency room visits, X-rays, and physical therapy sessions.
- Work-related accidents: Occupational accidents and injuries can happen across various industries. Accident insurance can offer coverage for medical expenses, disability benefits, and lost income resulting from workplace accidents.
- Sports and recreational activities: Accidents and injuries can occur while participating in sports such as football, basketball, or soccer, as well as during recreational activities like hiking, skiing, or biking. Accident insurance can provide coverage for medical expenses related to these incidents.
- Accidental cuts, burns, or poisoning: Accidents involving sharp objects, hot surfaces, or exposure to harmful substances can happen at home, in the kitchen, or during DIY projects. Accident insurance may cover medical costs associated with treating these injuries.
- Accidental fractures and sprains: Fractures and sprains can result from various accidents, including falls, sports activities, or workplace incidents. Accident insurance can assist with the costs of treatment, including X-rays, casts, and physical therapy.
It’s important to note that the specific coverage and benefits offered by accident insurance plans may vary.
Components of Accident Insurance
The benefits that are paid out in the event of an accident will depend on the terms of the insurance policy. Some policies pay a flat rate benefit, while others pay a benefit that is based on the severity of the injury.
The eligibility requirements for accident insurance policies vary from company to company. Some policies may have age limits, while others may have health requirements.
The premiums for accident insurance policies vary depending on the level of coverage desired, the policyholder’s age and health, and other factors.
Some accident insurance policies have a waiting period, which is the amount of time that must elapse before the policy will take effect.
Accident insurance policies typically have exclusions, which are specific types of injuries or accidents that are not covered by the policy.
Accident insurance policies typically have conditions, which are specific requirements that must be met in order to receive benefits. For example, some policies may require that the policyholder seek medical attention within a certain amount of time after the accident.
Additional Components of Accident Insurance
- Death benefit: This benefit is paid out to the policyholder’s beneficiary if the policyholder dies as a result of an accident.
- Disability benefit: This benefit is paid out to the policyholder if they are unable to work due to an accident.
- Reimbursement for medical expenses: This benefit covers the costs of medical expenses, such as hospital bills, doctor’s visits, and prescription drugs.
- Reimbursement for lost wages: This benefit covers the costs of lost wages if the policyholder is unable to work due to an accident.
- Pain and suffering: This benefit is paid out to the policyholder to compensate them for the pain and suffering they experience as a result of an accident.
Benefits of Accident Insurance Plans
Here are some of the benefits of having an accident insurance plan:
- It can help to cover the costs of medical expenses. Medical expenses can be expensive, especially if you are injured in a serious accident. Accident insurance can help to cover the costs of hospital bills, doctor’s visits, prescription drugs, and other medical expenses.
- It can help to cover the costs of lost wages. If you are unable to work due to an accident, you may lose your income. Accident insurance can help to cover the costs of lost wages so that you can still pay your bills.
- It can provide peace of mind. Knowing that you have accident insurance can provide peace of mind in the event of an accident. You will not have to worry about how you will pay for the medical expenses or lost wages.
- It can help to protect your assets. If you are injured in an accident and you do not have accident insurance, you may have to use your own assets to pay for the medical expenses and lost wages. Accident insurance can help to protect your assets so that you do not have to use them to pay for the costs of an accident.
- It can help to improve your financial security. Accident insurance can help to improve your financial security by providing you with a financial cushion in the event of an accident. This can help you to focus on your recovery without having to worry about how you will pay for the costs of the accident.
Accident insurance is not a necessity for everyone, but it can be a valuable financial protection for people who are active or who have a higher risk of accidents. If you are considering purchasing accident insurance, it is important to compare different policies and to choose a policy that meets your specific needs.
Factors to Consider When Shopping for Accident Insurance
Accident insurance can provide financial protection in the event of an unexpected injury or death. Here are some factors to consider when shopping for accident insurance:
- Sum insured: The sum insured is the maximum amount of money that the insurance company will pay out in the event of an accident. You should choose a sum insured that is sufficient to cover your financial needs in the event of an injury or death.
- Benefits: Accident insurance policies typically offer a variety of benefits, such as death benefits, disability benefits, and medical expenses coverage. It is important to understand the benefits that are included in each policy so that you can choose the one that best meets your needs.
- Exclusions: All accident insurance policies have exclusions, which are events that are not covered by the policy. It is important to read the exclusions carefully so that you know what is not covered.
- Premium: The premium is the amount of money that you will pay for the insurance policy. The premium will vary depending on the factors such as your age, health, and the level of coverage that you choose.
- Claims process: It is important to understand the claims process before you buy an accident insurance policy. This includes knowing how to file a claim, how long it will take to process the claim, and what documentation you will need to provide.
- Company reputation: It is important to choose an insurance company with a good reputation. You can research the company’s financial stability and customer satisfaction ratings before you buy a policy.
Accident insurance can provide peace of mind in the event of an unexpected injury or death. By considering the factors above, you can choose a policy that will best meet your needs.
Here are some additional factors that you may want to consider:
- Your lifestyle: If you are active and participate in dangerous activities, you may need a higher level of coverage.
- Your health: If you have any pre-existing conditions, you may need to pay a higher premium or be ineligible for coverage.
- Your budget: Accident insurance can be expensive, so you need to make sure that you can afford the premiums.
Apollo Will Find The Right Plan For You
Operating since 2010, Apollo Insurance Group is a prominent health insurance brokerage serving Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and Chicago, Illinois.
Our core purpose revolves around making a positive impact on people’s lives. Through our relentless commitment, we strive to unearth the optimal solutions for our valued clients, foster meaningful connections with our employees, and actively contribute to our communities.
With a specialization in Medicare, life insurance, dental, and vision coverage, Apollo boasts a team of knowledgeable agents well-versed in individual health insurance. Allow us to assist you in finding the perfect plan tailored to your needs. Connect with us today by completing our convenient contact form.
Apollo Insurance Group
Official Health Insurance Brokers
“I’m so glad I found your agency. Health insurance is pretty confusing. Jared was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. His expertise made the jump to retirement much easier. Thank you for your help!”
“I don’t know yet if our insurance coverage will be better than the horrific plan we just left, BUT as far as being helpful, responsive, detail-oriented, etc, I couldn’t ask for more than Austin Zimmerman at Apollo thus far! Insurance is SO HARD to navigate, and having an actual HUMAN to help with it is invaluable.”
“Clark was great to work with and very patient with me during the setup of our health insurance. He was quick to respond and never made me feel like a burden when I asked questions. I would recommend it to anyone looking for small business coverage!”
FAQ with Accident Insurance
Who can benefit from accident insurance?
Accident insurance holds benefits for all individuals, with added significance for those engaged in high-risk activities, individuals with physically demanding occupations, or those seeking supplementary financial security beyond their primary health insurance.
This form of insurance acts as a safety net, offering financial protection in unforeseen accident scenarios.
Does accident insurance cover all accidents?
No, accident insurance policies have certain limitations and exclusions.
Common exclusions may include injuries resulting from self-harm, war or acts of terrorism, or pre-existing conditions. It’s important to carefully review the policy terms and conditions to understand what is covered.
Do I need accident insurance if I have health insurance?
While health insurance covers medical expenses, accident insurance provides additional financial protection specifically for accidents.
Accident insurance can help cover deductibles, copayments, and other out-of-pocket costs that may arise due to an accident, reducing the financial burden on the insured individual.
Can accident insurance replace health insurance?
No, accident insurance is not intended to replace health insurance.
It is a supplemental policy that provides additional coverage for accidents and injuries. Health insurance provides broader coverage for a range of medical needs, including preventive care, chronic conditions, and non-accident-related illnesses.
Are there any age restrictions for accident insurance?
Age restrictions may vary depending on the insurance provider and the specific policy.
Some accident insurance plans may have age limits, while others may offer coverage for individuals of all ages. It’s best to check with the insurance provider or read the policy details for specific age-related information.
Apollo Will Find the Right Plan for You
Apollo Insurance Group is a health insurance brokerage located in Lee’s Summit, Missouri and Chicago, Illinois. We have been around since 2010, and our mission is to positively impact people’s lives. We do this by fighting to find the best option for our clients, create relationships with our employees, and give back to our communities. Apollo also specializes in Medicare, life insurance, dental, and vision plans. We have agents that are experts on health insurance and are ready to help you find the right plan or answer any questions you have. Fill out our contact form to get in touch with an agent for a free consultation.
Health Insurance Blogs
6 Effective Ways to Manage Health Care Costs in Retirement Health Savings Account Long-term Care Insurance Medicare Plan IRAs Understand Health Conditions Less Expensive Alternatives for Healthcare ProvidersRetirement is a time to unwind and appreciate the results of...
Table Of Contents What are Perils in Health Insurance? How Much Does Health Insurance Cover for Perils? What Perils are Not Covered by Health Insurance?In today's complex world, securing the right health insurance coverage is essential for safeguarding your well-being...
Table of Contents Understanding Travel Nurse Health Insurance Types of Health Insurance for Travel Nurses Benefits of Health Insurance for Travel Nurses How to Find the Right Health Insurance Plan for Travel Nurses Common Questions About Health Insurance for Travel...